Kings Langley is a historic village and civil parish in Hertfordshire, northwest of London.
The hostel opened in mid-1946 and was run by the religious Zionist organisation Bachad and funded by Jewish Aid to Charities Society.
THE KINGS LANGLEY STORY
“It was a lovely place, it was just what we needed”, Rela Hausmann recalls, describing the hostel as a beautiful house surrounded by trees and greenery. She would spend time in the nearby woods with her friends, where they wrote stories and poems about the war.
Minia Munta recalls that the girls were taken out for outings to the seaside and often played table tennis, piano and sang together.
Most of the girls were sent to live at Herne Hill hostel afterwards.